In the realm of plastic surgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center provides a variety of specialized services that focus on a patient’s particular needs. Our plastic surgeons and other specialists perform reconstructive and cosmetic (aesthetic) surgery on facial and body tissue defects/issues to help restore and improve function as well as appearance.
It can involve surgery on any part of the anatomy, except the central nervous system, and includes, but not limited to:
- Skin (including skin cancer, scars, burn, birthmarks, enlargements and reductions, and tattoo removal)
- Maxillocial (facial skeleton)
- Congenital anomalies (including deformed ears, cleft palate and cleft lip)
- Cosmetic face surgeries and skin treatments are among services at The Face & Skin Center. For more information, click here.
- Cosmetic as well as reconstructive surgeries are offered through our Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery division. For more information, click here.
Related information from the Mayo Clinic Health Library
ArticlesCleft lip and cleft palate
Cleft lip and cleft palate — Comprehensive overview covers causes and treatment of these birth defects.Tattoo removal
Tattoo removal — Overview covers risks, results and specific procedures for removing tattoos.Mohs surgery
Mohs surgery — Comprehensive overview covers definition, risks, what to expect during this skin cancer procedure.Botox injections
Botox injections — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this procedure to treat wrinkles and other conditions.