University Hospital is the flagship hospital of University of Mississippi Medical Center. It provides a complete range of primary and specialty care as well as serving as the state's only a Level 1 trauma center. The 256-bed facility, located on the UMMC campus, serves as the teaching hospital for the Medical Center's education programs, providing patients with the latest in medical research, technology and service advancements.
- The 70-bed Wallace R. Conerly Critical Care Hospital offers specialized intensive care for medical, cardiac, surgical and neuroscience patients. The state's only bone marrow transplant unit is housed at Conerly, providing a comfortable setting for patients' extended stay.
- Winfred L.Wiser Hospital for Women & Infants provides obstetric and gynecologic services as well as advanced care for infants through the state's only Level IV neonatal intensive care unit. It also includes Mississippi's only OB/GYN emergency room.
- Batson Children's Hospital is the only kid-specific hospital in Mississippi. Devoted to caring for sick and injured youngsters, the 130-bed facility includes the state's only pediatric emergency room, intensive care unit and cardiac surgery program for pediatric congenital heart defects. Also housed within the children's hospital are areas for rehabilitation services, newborn nursery, infant intensive care, children's surgery, treatment rooms and a pediatric pharmacy.
- UMMC Holmes County in Lexington provides medical outreach through hospital services and clinics.
- UMMC Grenada gives residents of Grenada County and surrounding areas high-quality care close to home. Our 156-bed hospital and our outpatient clinics provide a broad range of health services to adults and children, including specialty care available through the state's only academic medical center.
UMMC features the broadest range of specialty care in Mississippi. These services include:
- Children's Cancer Center.
- UMMC Cancer Institute, which houses University Cancer Care's patient care service.
- Specialized clinic for advanced women's healthcare.
- Heart station for diagnosis and treatment of heart disease.
- Heart failure clinic.
- Mississippi's only transplant center with heart, kidney, cornea and bone marrow services.
- Comprehensive stroke center.
- State-of-the-art radiological imaging systems.
- Sleep disorders laboratory.
- In vitro fertilization program.
- Interventional MRI.
- AirCare service (helicopter transport) across Mississippi.
In addition to exceptional medical facilities, UMMC includes University Physicians, the state’s largest medical group representing more than 125 specialties. This network of physicians includes 500-plus doctors, with more than 100 who have named Best Doctors in America each year in 2007-09, an honor bestowed by their physician peers. In 2010, 148 received this distinguished recognition.
University Physicians caregivers see about 600,000 patients a year at various locations, including UMMC’s five hospitals, numerous clinics and private offices. Most also serve the future of medicine in their dual roles as faculty for UMMC by coordinating groundbreaking research or teaching tomorrow’s healthcare leaders.
University Physicians clinics
- University Physicians Pavilion features 16 clinics within one location. The pavilion also offers a full-service lab; radiology services, including mammography and MRI; pharmacy; physical therapy services adjacent to orthopaedic clinics; and cardiology testing, including echocardiograms and cardiac stress testing. Bone marrow aspirations, lumbar punctures, endoscopy and minor surgical procedures also are performed there.
- University Physicians - Grants Ferry, located in Flowood, features more than 20 medical specialties and support services.
- University Physicians - Northeast Jackson, located at Select Specialty Hospital, provides a clinical setting for University Heart, diagnostic sleep, gastroenterology and urology services.
- University Physicians - Women's Specialty Care at Mirror Lake specializes in women's medical and surgical care. Services include obstetrics/gynecology, fertilization, maternal-fetal care, menopause management and robotic-assisted laparoscopy.
- University Physicians - Lakeland Medicine Center, a clinic site for family medicine and otolaryngology practitioners, includes examination rooms and a well-equipped lab.
- The Face & Skin Center of University Physicians, located on Highland Colony Parkway in Ridgeland, provides dermatologic services and facial plastic surgery.
- Jackson Medical Mall houses a variety of UP services as well as the Jackson Heart Study and Cancer Institute.
- UMMC Cancer Institute, housed at the Jackson Medical Mall, is an outpatient diagnostic, treatment and research center for oncology and hematology patients.
- University Physicians - Pediatric North Clinic offers outpatient general pediatric services.
- University Physicians - Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Clinic provides outpatient services for allergy, asthma and immunology patients.
- University Physicians - Flowood Family Medicine Center serves as an outpatient family clinic with exam, lab and X-ray facilities. Basic procedures, including casting, culposcopy and sigmoidoscopy can be performed there.
- Outpatient ophthalmology services are housed in facilities on Lakeland Drive across from the UMMC campus.
- University Physicians outreach clinics are available in towns across the state including, Forest, Kosciusko, Brookhaven, Newton, Greenville, Lexington, Tupelo and Louisville.