In addition to its exceptional medical facilities, University of Mississippi Medical Center includes University Physicians, the state's largest medical group representing more than 125 specialties.
If you have a medical need, you can find the care you deserve within the growing network of more than 500-plus physicians, including more than 100 who have named Best Doctors in America in 2007, 2008 and 2009, an honor bestowed by their physician peers. In 2010, 148 received this distinguished recognition.
Most also serve the future of medicine in their dual roles as faculty for the University of Mississippi Medical Center by coordinating groundbreaking research or teaching tomorrow's healthcare leaders.
University Physicians caregivers see about 600,000 patients a year at various locations, including UMMC's five hospitals, numerous clinics and private offices.
University Physicians clinics
- University Physicians Pavilion features 16 clinics within one location. The pavilion also offers a full-service lab; radiology services, including mammography and MRI; pharmacy; physical therapy services adjacent to orthopaedic clinics; and cardiology testing, including echocardiograms and cardiac stress testing. Bone marrow aspirations, lumbar punctures, endoscopy and minor surgical procedures also are performed there.
- University Physicians – Grants Ferry features more than a dozen medical specialties and support services.
- University Physicians - Lakeland Medical Center features several clinics, including adult and children's ophthalmology, optical shop, family medicine, otolaryngology/ENT and audiology.
- University Physicians – Women's Specialty Care at Mirror Lake specializes in women's medical and surgical care. Services include obstetrics/gynecology, fertilization, maternal-fetal care, menopause management and robotic-assisted laparoscopy.
- University Physicians – Northeast Jackson, located within Select Specialty Hospital, provides a clinical setting for University Heart, diagnostic sleep, gastroenterology and urology services.
- Jackson Medical Mall houses a variety of UP services as well as the Jackson Heart Study.
Other University Physician practice locations include: