Directions to UMMC
The University of Mississippi Medical Center is conveniently located off I-55 and Woodrow Wilson Drive in Jackson, MS. Those traveling on I-20 will head north on I-55 and take westbound Lakeland or Woodrow Wilson exits. Air travel is serviced by Jackson-Evers International Airport.
The main entrance is located on North State Street directly in front of our adult University Hospital. Access to Batson Children’s Hospital can be found on Woodrow Wilson or State Street.
Within our medical center complex, you will find adult and children’s emergency rooms, RapidTrack Minor Care, University Hospital, Wiser Hospital for Women & Infants and Conerly Critical Care Hospital. University Rehabilitation is located on the north side of the campus, and University Physicians Pavilion with its myriad clinics is situated on the eastern edge.
UMMC also offers specialized services at a number of off-site locations, including UP-Grants Ferry, UP-Women’s Specialty Care at Mirror Lake, UP Face & Skin Center and UP Ophthalmology.
Transplant housing is available for patients who live more than one hour away from University of Mississippi Medical Center facilities in Jackson. The patient and one caregiver can stay at a provided hotel during:
- Outpatient transplant evaluation process.
- Immediately after discharge from the transplant. After discharge, you may be well enough to leave the hospital, but your doctor may want you to stay closer to University Hospital instead of traveling home and returning frequently for clinic visits. You should plan for a five-day hospital stay after transplant and a one- to two-week stay at the hotel after discharge.
Hotel accommodations will not be provided for an overnight stay the evening prior to the patient's transplant.
In order to stay comfortably at the hotel, you should have the following:
- Caregiver – someone to drive and take care of you.
- Transportation to and from the clinic and hospital.
- Money for food for yourself and your caregiver
Click here for lodging information.