Nephrology specialists at Children's of Mississippi evaluate and manage infants, children and adolescents with acute and chronic kidney problems, including, but not limited to, renal insufficiency and end-stage renal disease. We provide comprehensive and multidisciplinary management, including medical, dietary, social and child life support, as part of the continuum of care.
Our care team sees young patients during clinic visits, and then we meet once a week to discuss the interdisciplinary plan for these patients. Our goal is to provide excellent care to young Mississippians with kidney problems.
Compassionate care is provided by specialists who make up the nephrology team, including:
- Pediatric nephrologists (specialists in children's kidney diseases) working closely with Children's of Mississippi urologists and other specialists.
- Dialysis nurses specializing in the needs of young patients as they go through dialysis.
- Clinical nurse specialists to help children and families with home dialysis care.
- Nutritionists familiar with the dietary requirements of renal disease patients.
- Social workers to provide counseling and help in obtaining community resources, family accommodations and related services.