More than 125 medical specialties are represented by the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s 450 physicians and five hospitals. As part of the University of Mississippi Medical Center, the state’s only academic medical center, UMMC is dedicated to improving lives through quality healthcare, cutting-edge research and education of tomorrow’s healthcare leaders.
UMMC includes Mississippi’s only Level 1 trauma hospital. With a total of 722 beds, it is the largest diagnostic, treatment and referral care system in the state. Inpatient stays total about 27,000 annually with more than 418,000 outpatient and emergency visits every year.
- University Hospital is the flagship hospital of University of Mississippi Medical Center. It provides a complete range of primary and specialty care as well as serving as the state’s only a Level 1 trauma center. The hospital, located on the campus of the University of Mississippi Medical Center, serves as the teaching hospital for the Medical Center’s education programs, providing patients with the latest in medical research, technology and service advancements.
- The 70-bed Wallace R. Conerly Critical Care Hospital offers specialized intensive care for medical, cardiac, surgical and neuroscience patients. The state’s only bone marrow transplant unit is housed at Conerly, providing a comfortable setting for patients’ extended stay.
- Winfred L. Wiser Hospital for Women & Infants provides obstetric and gynecologic services as well as advanced care for infants through the state’s only Level III-C neonatal intensive care unit. It also includes the only OB/GYN emergency room in the state.
- Batson Children’s Hospital is Mississippi's only hospital devoted exclusively to the care of sick and injured children. The facility includes the state’s only pediatric emergency room, critical care units, fetal medicine center and cardiac surgery program for pediatric congenital heart defects. Also housed within Batson Hospital are areas for rehabilitation services, newborn nursery, neonatal and children's intensive care units, children's surgery, treatment rooms and a pediatric pharmacy.
- Holmes County Hospital in Lexington provides medical outreach through hospital services and clinics.
UMMC features the broadest range of specialty care in Mississippi. These services include:
In addition to exceptional medical facilities, UMMC includes University Physicians, the state’s largest medical group representing more than 125 specialties. This network of physicians sees about 600,000 patients a year at various locations, including UMMC’s five hospitals, numerous clinics and private offices.
University Physicians clinics
University Physicians Pavilion features 16 clinics within one location. The Pavilion also offers a full-service lab; radiology services, including mammography and MRI; pharmacy; physical therapy services adjacent to orthopaedic clinics; and cardiology testing, including echocardiograms and cardiac stress testing. Bone marrow aspirations, lumbar punctures, endoscopy and minor surgical procedures also are performed there.
- University Physicians – Grants Ferry, located in Flowood, features more than 20 medical specialties and support services.
- University Physicians – Northeast Jackson, located at Select Specialty Hospital, provides a clinical setting for University Heart, diagnostic sleep, gastroenterology and urology services.
- University Physicians – Women's Specialty Clinic, located at Mirror Lake, specializes in women’s medical and surgical care. Services include obstetrics/gynecology, fertilization, maternal-fetal care, menopause management and robotic-assisted laparoscopy.
- Jackson Medical Mall houses a variety of University Physicians services as well as the Jackson Heart Study and UMMC Cancer Institute.
- UMMC Cancer Institute, housed at Jackson Medical Mall, is an outpatient diagnostic, treatment and research center for oncology and hematology patients.
- University Physicians – Madison Specialty Clinic, located in Canton, features outpatient services for orthopaedics, gastroenterology, pain management and physical therapy.
- University Physicians – Pediatric North Clinic offers outpatient general pediatric services.
- University Physicians – Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Clinic provides outpatient services for allergy, asthma and immunology patients.
- University Physicians – Lakeland Family Medicine Center, a clinic site for family practitioners, includes 12 examination rooms and a well-equipped lab.
- The Face & Skin Center, located in Ridgeland, provides dermatologic services and facial plastic surgery.
- University Physicians – Flowood Family Medicine Center serves as an outpatient family clinic with exam, lab and X-ray facilities.
- Outpatient ophthalmology services are housed in facilities at 764 Lakeland Drive across from the UMMC campus.
- Outreach University Physicians clinics are available in Forest, Kosciusko, Brookhaven, Newton, Greenville, Lexington, Tupelo and Louisville.